With funding and support from the Florida Bar Foundation, FloridaProBono.org is a site designed to help pro bono lawyers find access to news, events, and training materials to assist in the representation of low income Floridians. The Foundation’s pro bono program develops pro bono partnerships with bar associations, law firms, courts, law schools and legal aid organizations to: increase and maintain the number of lawyers who take pro bono cases; increase the number of individuals, both low-income and special populations, that receive free legal assistance; and assist pro bono providers to be more effective and efficient through innovation and technology.
“We make a living by what we do, but we make a life by what we give." --Winston Churchill
Here are just a few reasons why lawyers volunteer their time to do pro bono:
• You gain meaningful and invaluable practical experience in new areas of law.
• You make a lasting difference in the lives of the clients you serve and your community at large.
• You have a professional responsibility to render pro bono legal services to the poor and participate in other pro bono service activities that directly relate to the legal needs of the poor.
Whatever reason you may have, there is no better TIME than NOW to TAKE A CASE!
• Contact your local pro bono coordinator
• Search for available cases on Florida Pro Bono Matters
• Register & Volunteer for Florida Free Legal Answers
• Contact the Florida Bar Foundation if you’re unsure of where to start