Bay Area Legal Services - Bay Area Volunteer Lawyers Program
To Volunteer, Contact:
George Edgecomb Courthouse, 800 E. Twiggs StreetTampa, FL 33602
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 813-226-232-1342
- Fax: 813-226-8510
- Website: http://www.bals.org/givehelp
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Volunteer, Contact: www.bals.org/givehelp, select Volunteer Lawyers Program and register online. Questions? Contact Nancy Lugo at email@example.com.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Hillsborough
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Employment, Health, Housing, Nonprofit Organizations, Public Benefits, Taxes, Adoption, Dissolution of Marriage, Real Estate, Insurance, Advance Directives, Probate, Community Economic Development, Child Custody, Wills, Individual Rights,
- Populations Served: Communities of Color, Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, General Public, HIV, Nonprofits, Veterans; Financial eligibility based on LSC guidelines Alien status eligibility based on LSC restrictions. Hillsborough County and the city of Tampa.
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals
- Need for non-English services: Albanian
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Evenings, Flexible, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Flexible hours for Clinics: Domestic Violence Assistance Project [Mon-Fri/One or more hours from 9 am to 5 pm and Sat/Sun/Holidays from 7 am to 10 am]; Family Forms Clinic [Mon/Wed/Fri-One or more hours from 10 am to 2 pm]; YLD FFC and THBA FFC en Espanol
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: Training required for all clinics. Mentoring or supervision offered for certain clinics/pro bono projects.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- CLE pro bono comments: We maintain and provide a record of pro bono hours for all volunteers. CLE credit available for DVAP, FFC and special pro bono projects.
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No